From: <[hidden email]>
Date: Tue, May 10, 2016 at 12:24 PM
Subject: Submit your training poster to ECCB2016!
To: [hidden email]

Dear colleagues,

I would like to remind you of the Poster call deadline for the ECCB 2016, which is organised in September (Sept. 3-7, 2016) in The Hague in The Netherlands.

You can submit posters for the following categories/application domains:  Health, Agro-Food, Biotechnology, Ecosystems, Fundamental and Training.

We recently decided to add a Training category/application domain, so posters submitted for this category can be presented as a group during the poster sessions at the conference.
We would like to invite you to submit your training and education related activities as a poster abstract to the conference.

You can find more information about the call here: http://www.eccb2016.org/calls/posters/Submission deadline for poster abstracts: June 3, 2016

Best regards on behalf of the ECCB2016 Programme Committee,

Celia

Dr. Celia W.G. van Gelder

Education Manager BioSB

Programme Manager Learning DTL/ELIXIR-NL

tel. +31613375327

e-mail: [hidden email]

websites:   www.biosb.nl, www.dtls.nl

Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629.
The Radboud university medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber of Commerce under file number 41055629.

| Threaded

Re: Fwd: Submit your training poster to ECCB2016!

Björn Grüning
Dear Galaxy trainers,

what about to create a Poster about GTN and present it there!
I guess we can need such a poster for all kind of conferences.

Potential topics:
* introduction
* training material
* best-practices
* challenges in HPC-training (big data)
* Galaxy tours
* Joining forces with GOBLET
* Programming in Galaxy (RStudio/Juypter)

Ideally someone would sponsor a flat monitor and we can just show a
Galaxy-tour ;)

Anyone interested?
Cheers,
Bjoern

Am 10.05.2016 um 22:30 schrieb Dave Clements:

> Hi All,
>
> ECCB has added a training category for it's poster section.  See below
> for details and deadlines.
>
> Dave C

S.D. Hiltemann
Hi All,

I'm going to this and could present this poster, showing a Galaxy tour would be neat, I could bring my laptop if they don't provide monitors (also, this is just a couple of stops on the tram from where I live so I could even bring my own monitor as long as I can get a table and some power :P)

Is anybody else attending? maybe we should sit together at some point and make this poster which indeed could be used for all kinds of events in the future as well :)

cheers,

Saskia

what about to create a Poster about GTN and present it there!
I guess we can need such a poster for all kind of conferences.

Potential topics:
* introduction
* training material
* best-practices
* challenges in HPC-training (big data)
* Galaxy tours
* Joining forces with GOBLET
* Programming in Galaxy (RStudio/Juypter)

Ideally someone would sponsor a flat monitor and we can just show a
Galaxy-tour ;)

Anyone interested?
Cheers,
Bjoern

Am 10.05.2016 um 22:30 schrieb Dave Clements:

> Hi All,
>
> ECCB has added a training category for it's poster section.  See below
> for details and deadlines.
>
> Dave C

Hi Saskia,

this would be great. I'm not yet sure if I will attend. Last time it was
a not so good - only expensive. But I would like to meet the ELIXIR people.

However, I guess we need to create this poster :)
Is anyone up-to help here, is there anything we can reuse?

Thanks,
Bjoern

> [...]
>>
>> Education Manager BioSB____
>>
>> Programme Manager Learning DTL/ELIXIR-NL
>>
>> ____
>>
>> tel. +31613375327____
>>
>> e-mail: [hidden email] <mailto:[hidden email]>
>> ____
>>
>> websites:   www.biosb.nl <http://www.biosb.nl>, www.dtls.nl
>> <http://www.dtls.nl>____
>>
>> __ __
>>
>> __ __
>>
>> __ __
>>
>> Het Radboudumc staat geregistreerd bij de Kamer van Koophandel in
>> het handelsregister onder nummer 41055629. The Radboud university
>> medical center is listed in the Commercial Register of the Chamber
>> of Commerce under file number 41055629.
>>

>> -- http://galaxyproject.org/ http://getgalaxy.org/
>> http://usegalaxy.org/ https://wiki.galaxyproject.org/

| Threaded

Re: Fwd: Submit your training poster to ECCB2016!

Dave Clements
Hi Björn, Saskia,

I'll gladly help.  Back when GTN was launching I presented this poster at GCC2014 in Baltimore.

Björn, thanks for starting this conversation, and Saskia, thanks for being willing to present it.

Thanks,

Dave C