Re: [BBC] Online Galaxy training material hackathon

| Threaded

Re: [BBC] Online Galaxy training material hackathon

Dave Clements
Hi All,

In case you haven't seen this through other channels this starts on Thursday morning, wherever you are.

Thanks,

Dave C

On Tue, Oct 4, 2016 at 4:03 AM, Frederik Coppens <[hidden email]> wrote:
Hi all

I would like to bring this hackathon to your attention: https://www.elixir-europe.org/events/galaxy-training-material-hackathon It’s an online contribution fest organized by the Galaxy Training Network, October 6-7.

This stems from an idea at GCC2016 to centralize Galaxy training material on github. Bjoern Gruening already collected a lot of material (checkout https://github.com/bgruening/training-material) and we’d like to further grow this resource and make it more uniform.

You can (optionally) indicate your interest here: https://github.com/bgruening/training-material/issues/58

You can find a list of topics here: https://github.com/bgruening/training-material/issues

Everybody’s welcome to join, you really don’t need programming skills to contribute. If the hackathon doesn’t fit your schedule (it’s a bit short notice, I realise), you can always contribute at a later point, as everything is available on github.

cheers

Frederik

Frederik Coppens, Ph.D.
Project Leader Applied Bioinformatics & Biostatistics
IT manager

Tel: 32 (0)9 3313812                          Fax:32 (0)9 3313809
VIB DEPARTMENT OF PLANT SYSTEMS BIOLOGY, UGent
Technologiepark 927, 9052 Gent, BELGIUM

[hidden email]                         http://www.psb.ugent.be/abb